SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday reported 1,959 new COVID-19 cases in Illinois, including 22 additional deaths. Health departments throughout southern Illinois reported a total of 26 new cases of coronavirus.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,304,200 cases, including 21,685 deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Jefferson County: seven (since 4/17)
- Williamson and Franklin counties: three each
- Saline, Johnson, Massac and Jackson counties: two each
- Hamilton County: two (since 4/16)
- White, Hardin, and Pope counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 12-18 is 4.7%.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 9,930,945. A total of 8,119,867 vaccines have been administered so far in Illinois. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 125,212 doses. On Sunday, 65,233 doses were reported administered in Illinois.