SPRINGFIELD – 1,246 new COVID-19 cases, including 34 additional deaths, were reported Monday by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In southern Illinois, 106 new cases in total were reported among area health departments.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,175,655 cases, including 20,303 deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Jefferson County: 33 (15 at correctional facility, since 2/20)
- Perry County: 24 (four at correctional facility, since 2/19)
- Williamson County: 13 (since 2/21)
- Massac County: 11 (since 2/19)
- Union County: seven (since 2/19)
- Saline County: five, one death
- Franklin County: five (since 2/21)
- Gallatin and White counties: two each
- Hamilton County: two (since 2/19)
- Jackson County: one
- Pulaski County: one (since 2/19)
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Feb.15–21 is 3.1%.
A total dose of 2,256,975 vaccines have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 445,200 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities, bringing the total Illinois doses to 2,702,175.
Additionally, a total of 2,211,700 vaccines have been administered so far in Illinois, including 282,820 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 55,499 doses. On Sunday, 59,748 doses were administered in Illinois.