SPRINGFIELD – Officials with the Illinois Department of Public health reported 1,348 new COVID-19 cases including 32 additional deaths Tuesday. Throughout southern Illinois, 56 cases were reported among several health departments.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,164,922 cases, including 20,034 deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Perry County: 16 (since 2/12, two at correctional facility)
- Union and Massac counties: seven each (since 2/12)
- Hardin County: six (since 2/12)
- Williamson County: five
- Johnson County: five (since 2/12)
- Pulaski County: four (since 2/12)
- Jackson County: three
- Gallatin and Jefferson counties: two each
- Saline and Franklin counties: one each
- Alexander and Pope counties: one each (since 2/12)
A total of doses of 2,029,675 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 445,200 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities, bringing the total Illinois doses to 2,474,875.
A total of 1,863,562 vaccines have been administered so far statewide, including 251,373 for long-term care facilities.
The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 63,772 doses. On Monday, 40,354 doses were administered.
Officials said weather will most likely contribute to reduced vaccinations over the next several days.