SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – State public health officials Tuesday reported 6,642 new COVID-19 cases including 117 additional deaths in Illinois. Among the over 200 cases reported in southern Illinois, three counties noted deaths due to the novel coronavirus.
The total number of cases currently stands at 1,040,168 cases, including 17,743 deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Jackson County: 46
- Williamson County: 39, one death
- Perry County: 27 (one at correctional facility)
- Johnson County: 16
- Franklin County: 15, one death
- Union County: 15
- Jefferson County: 14
- Massac County: 13
- Hardin County: 12
- Saline County: nine, one death
- White County: eight
- Hamilton and Alexander counties: six each
- Pope County: four
- Gallatin County: two
- Pulaski County: one
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Jan. 5 through the 11 is 7.5 percent.