SPRINGFIELD – State public health officials Monday reported 4,776 new COVID-19 cases, including 53 additional deaths in Illinois Monday. Hundreds were reported in southern Illinois, with several stemming from positive tests during the weekend.
The total number of cases stands at 1,033,526 cases, including 17,627 deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Jefferson County: 103, two deaths (since 1/9, 52 at a correctional facility)
- Williamson County: 52
- Johnson County: 42 (since 1/9)
- Perry County: 35 (since 1/10, 23 at a correctional facility)
- Hardin County: 35 (since 1/9)
- Union County: 33 (since 1/9)
- Hamilton County: 31 (since 1/8)
- Jackson County: 23
- Franklin County: 18
- Massac County: 15
- Pope County: six
- Alexander County: five
- Pulaski County: three
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Jan. 4 through the 10 is 7.6 percent.