SPRINGFIELD – State health officials Wednesday reported 8,922 new confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 140 additional deaths. Over 100 cases and two deaths were reported between Williamson and Franklin counties.
Currently, a total of 606,771 cases, including 11,014 deaths, have been reported since the pandemic began in Illinois.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson Count: 61, one death
- Franklin County: 45, one death
- Perry County: 40, one death
- Jackson County: 36, one death
- Jefferson County: 29
- Saline and White counties: 25 each
- Massac County: 23
- Union County: 20
- Johnson County: nine
- Hamilton County: six
- Pulaski County: five
- Hardin County: four
- Alexander and Gallatin counties: three each
- Pope County: one
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Nov 11-17, 2020 is 11.9 percent.