SPRINGFIELD – State health officials reported 12,601 new confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in Illinois Tuesday, including 97 additional deaths. Three deaths were reported among dozens of cases throughout southern Illinois.
A total of 597,849 cases, including 10,875 deaths, have been reported statewide since the pandemic began.
Local case breakdown:
- Jackson County: 61
- Williamson County: 60, one death
- Jefferson County: 38
- Franklin County: 24, one death
- Saline County: 19
- Hamilton County: 18
- Massac County: 17
- Perry County: 14
- Johnson and Union counties: 13 each
- White County: eight
- Alexander and Hardin counties: four each
- Gallatin County: three
- Pope and Pulaski counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total tests from Nov. 10–16 is 12.5 percent.