SPRINGFIELD – State health officials Tuesday reported 12,623 new confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 79 additional deaths. Around 300 were reported across southern Illinois.
Currently, a total of 511,183 cases, including 10,289 deaths, have been reported in Illinois since the pandemic started.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 90, one death
- Jackson County: 36
- Franklin County: 34, one death
- Jefferson and Saline counties: 34 each
- Perry County: 18
- White County: 11, one death
- Massac and Pulaski counties: 11 each
- Hamilton County: 10, three deaths
- Union County: nine
- Johnson County: eight
- Alexander County: five
- Hardin County: four
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total tests from Nov. 3–9 is 12 percent.