SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Thursday reported over 10,000 residents have died due to COVID-19 and a new 24-hour record of 9,935 new confirmed cases.
The additional 97 deaths reported raises the state’s death toll to 10,030. Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 447,491 cases in 102 counties.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 50, one death
- Franklin County: 44, one death
- Jefferson County: 32
- Jackson County: 26
- Perry County: 25
- Saline County: 15, two deaths
- Pulaski County: nine
- Massac, Union and White counties: eight each
- Johnson County: seven
- Alexander and Hamilton counties: five each
- Gallatin County: four
- Hardin County: one
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Oct. 29-Nov. 4 is 9.1 percent.