SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – State health officials announced Wednesday 4,342 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 69 additional deaths. Over 200 cases were reported across southern Illinois.
This brings the total number of cases since the pandemic started to 355,217 cases, including 9,345 deaths statewide.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 47, one death at a long-term care facility
- Franklin County: 44 cases, two deaths at a long-term care facility
- Jackson County: 29, one death
- Randolph County: 25
- Wayne County: 22
- Jefferson County: 20
- Saline County: 15
- Union County: seven
- Johnson County: five
- White County: three
- Hamilton, Massac and Pope counties: two each
- Hardin, Perry and Pulaski counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Oct.14-20 is 5.7 percent.