SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday reported 3,113 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 22 additional deaths. Also Monday, sixteen southern Illinois counties reported their respective cases.
Governor JB Pritzker and IDP announced COVID-19 resurgence mitigations to be implemented Thursday in Region 5, which includes several southern Illinois counties.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 347,161 cases, including 9,236 deaths, in 102 counties.
Local case breakdown:
- Randolph County: 40 (Saturday-Monday)
- Jefferson County: 25 (Saturday-Monday)
- Union County: 17
- Williamson County: 11 cases, one death at a long-term care facility
- Perry County: 11 (Saturday-Monday)
- Johnson County: 10
- Hamilton County: nine
- Pulaski County: eight
- Franklin County: seven
- White County: five
- Massac and Wayne counties: four each
- Alexander and Gallatin counties: three each
- Saline County: two
- Jackson County: one
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Oct. 12-18 is 5.4 percent.