SPRINGFIELD – State health officials reported Wednesday 2,630 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 42 additional confirmed deaths.
Since the pandemic started, 307,641 cases and 8,878 deaths from the virus have been reported statewide.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 18, one death at a long-term care facility
- Franklin County: 18
- Union County: 13
- Jackson County: eight
- Saline County: seven (five isolated at home and two case statuses in progress)
- Jefferson County: six cases, two deaths (one at a long-term care facility)
- Johnson County: five
- Massac and Pulaski counties: two each
- Gallatin and Hamilton counties: one each
- All cases (unless noted above) are in isolation.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Sept. 30–Oct. 6 is 3.5 percent.