SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – State health officials Tuesday reported 1,617 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 32 additional confirmed deaths, raising the total number of cases since the pandemic started to 305,011 with 8,836 deaths.
Locally, Williamson County topped 1,500 cases since the pandemic’s beginning, with 17 new confirmations raising the county total to 1,506. Two deaths were also reported throughout the region.
Local case breakdown:
- Union County: 31
- Williamson County: 17, one death at a long-term care facility
- Saline County: 14 (11 in isolation and three case statuses in progress)
- Franklin County: 11
- Jackson County: eight
- Wayne County: seven
- Jefferson County: six (one hospitalized), one death
- Johnson County: six
- Gallatin and Perry counties: three
- Pulaski and White counties: two each
- Alexander and Hardin counties: one each
- All cases (unless noted above) are in isolation.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Sept. 29-Oct. 5 is 3.4 percent.