SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Wednesday reported 2,273 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 35 additional confirmed deaths.
The total number of cases statewide is now 293,274, including 8,672 deaths. In southern Illinois, cases were reported among 13 counties.
Local case breakdown:
- Jefferson County: 15
- Saline County: eight
- Williamson County: seven, two deaths at a long-term care facility
- Jackson County: seven
- Franklin County: six
- Johnson and Union counties: five each
- Massac County: four
- Randolph and Pulaski counties: three each
- White County: three cases (one hospitalized, one isolated at home and one case status in progress)
- Alexander and Hamilton counties: two each
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Sept. 23-29 is 3.6 percent.