SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Tuesday reported 1,362 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 23 additional confirmed deaths.
The total number of cases statewide now stands at 291,001 including 8,637 deaths. Additionally, 12 counties across southern Illinois reported their respective cases.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 13, one death
- Jackson County: eight
- Saline County: seven (six isolated at home and one case status in progress)
- Union County: seven
- Franklin County: four
- White County (three isolated at home and one case status in progress)
- Johnson and Perry counties: three
- Gallatin County: two (one isolated at home, one case status in progress)
- Jefferson County: two
- Alexander and Massac counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Sept. 22-28 is 3.6 percent.