SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – With 24 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported Thursday, Jackson County has reached over 1,000 cases since the beginning of the pandemic.
Sixteen southern Illinois counties reported new cases as a whole.
Local case breakdown:
- Jackson County: 24, 17 between ages 20 and 30
- Randolph County: 20
- Wayne County: seven
- Williamson County: six, one additional death at a long-term care facility
- Jefferson and Massac counties: four each
- Alexander and Franklin counties: three each, one additional death in Alexander
- Saline County: three
- Gallatin, Perry and Pulaski counties: two each
- Hamilton, Pope, Union and White counties: one each
Statewide, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced 1,360 new cases of COVID-19, including 25 additional confirmed deaths.
According to IDPH data, the rolling seven-day average of positive tests in region five covering most of southern IL has dropped down to 6.6%. Region 4 which covers the metro east down to Randolph Co. is showing a steady decline over the past week as well, but remains above the 8% threshold at 9.3%.