SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday announced 1,668 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 7 additional confirmed deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 19
- Jefferson County: 19, one additional death
- Franklin County: 10
- Johnson and Union counties: eight each
- Perry County: six
- Pope County: five
- Pulaski and Saline counties: four each
- White County: three (one is in isolation, three case statuses in progress)
- Gallatin, Hamilton and Massac counties: one each
- All cases (unless noted above) are in isolation.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 235,023 cases, including 8,026 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test sfrom Aug. 24-30 is 4.1 percent.