SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Thursday announced 1,832 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 27 additional confirmed deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 15, one additional death
- Jefferson County: 14
- Jackson and Union counties: seven each
- Perry County: five, two additional deaths
- Franklin and Saline counties: two each
- White County: one
- Pope County: one additional death
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 213,721 cases, including 7,833 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from August 13 – August 19 is 4.4 percent.