SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday announced 1,773 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 12 additional confirmed deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Union County: 22, one death
- Perry County: 21, one death
- Williamson County: 19, one death
- Jackson County: 13
- Franklin County: seven
- Johnson County: five
- Saline County: four (three isolated, one case status in progress)
- White County: three
- Alexander and Massac counties: two each
- Jefferson County: two deaths
- Both were residents at a long term care facility in Mt. Vernon.
- Gallatin County: one (case status in progress)
- All cases (unless noted above) are in isolation.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 207,854 cases, including 7,756 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total tests from August 10-16 is 4.2 percent.