The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Wednesday announced 1,187 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 8 additional confirmed deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Jackson and Williamson counties: Nine each
- White County: six
- Franklin and Jefferson counties: five
- Massac, Saline and Union counties: three each
- Johnson County: two
- Gallatin, Hardin and Pulaski counties: one each
- All cases are in isolation with the exception of two of the five cases in Jefferson County; they are hospitalized.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 156,693 cases, including 7,226 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 38,161 specimens for a total of 2,079,601. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total tests from July 8-14 is 3.1 percent.